Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Introduction...


January 11, 2023     

    For those who haven't already heard, I was recently released from the custody of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR). Initially, I'd planned to go mainstream in an attempt to document my struggles as I reentered society, but the monsters who run the parole department had other plans. They immediately banned me from any and all computer access, not even permitting me to pay for anything with a debit card. While I'm fighting this monumentally idiotic term of parole, my hands were kind of tied, given the fact that my parole officer likes to make frequent and unannounced visits where he has no qualms whatsoever about roaming around looking for items of technology. I figured out a solution to this problem, however, in the form of dictating my post to someone who uploads it for me. It's not the most optimum of situations, as I'm forced to rely on the kindness and schedule of others, but for now, it's just what I'm going to have to deal with.

    My goal is to use this blog in an attempt to enlighten my readers about how difficult it really is to succeed on parole. The average person just doesn't get it, and for good reason. They mistakenly believe there are all kinds of resources available to us upon our release with someone to point us in the right direction. The reality of the situation is that, while there may be resources, we are usually precluded from accessing them for one reason or another as our guide is actively trying to put us back in prison, not help us successfully transition to a life outside of prison. These people routinely disrespect us and make life all but impossible for us, yet most of us continue to do our best to succeed, no matter the odds.

    The entries that follow are going to alternate between the current and the past in my attempt to shed light on the injustices of the justice system. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

  Just released!!     I was incarcerated for almost 20 years  for a crime I didn't commit. I could have stayed bitter and resentful, get...